VTCT LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL COOKERY
The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Professional Cookery is a technical level qualification that will prepare learners for a career as a chef in a professional kitchen. This qualification is based on national standards and is formally supported by a range of hospitality businesses and the Institute of Hospitality - a professional body recognised in over 100 countries with a responsibility for promoting quality standards and education across the breadth of hospitality sectors.
This qualification is suitable for 16- to 19-year-old learners and builds on existing knowledge and skills of professional cookery to prepare learners for a career as a chef.
This qualification has 12 mandatory units that will develop a range of advanced skills and techniques to produce meat, poultry and game, fish and shellfish dishes and hot, cold and frozen desserts, fermented dough and batter products and paste products. Food safety supervision is also included to ensure learners understand the importance of kitchen organisation and food safety.
Topics Covered In This Qualification
If you undertake this Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Professional Cookery you will cover knowledge in:
- Produce petits fours
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing meat dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing poultry and game dishes
- Supervisory skills in the hospitality industry
- Produce hot, cold and frozen desserts
- The principles of food safety supervision for catering
- Produce paste products
- Practical gastronomy
- Produce fermented dough and batter products
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing fish and shellfish dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing vegetable and vegetarian dishes
- Produce biscuits, cakes and sponges
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area.
Ideally learners will have completed the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery before progressing onto this Diploma.
Learners who complete this qualification will be able to seek employment as a professional chef in a variety of contexts, including:
- Pubs and Gastro pubs
- HM Prisons
- Hospitals/care homes
- Visitor attractions
- Cruise liners
Whilst this qualification's primary purpose is to prepare learners for employment, learners may choose to further develop their skills base by undertaking athe following Technical Level qualification in professional cookery at Level 3:
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Professional Patisserie