Foundation Painting & Decorating
CSkills Level 1 Diplomain Painting & Decorating
The course will cover
This course gives the basic knowledge and skills you will need for a career in Painting and Decorating.
You will gain knowledge:
• In health and safety
• Of technical information, quantities and communication with others
• On construction technology
• Apply basic paint systems by brush and roller
• Apply foundation and plain papers
• Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
• Prepare common surface types for decoration
• Produce standard decorative finishes
How will I learn?
The course has modules and both practical and theoretical content.
The Diploma is very practical based and the focus will be on learning and practising in the workshop.
Practical projects will be set and both you and your tutor will be involved in the marking, through self-assessment so you can progress at your own pace.
There are no formal qualifications or prior experience needed for this qualification.
The course runs over two days a week Duration: 1 year
Successful candidates may progress to a Level 2 Diploma or our Apprenticeship Programme.