Foundation Carpentry & Joinery
CSkills Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery
The course will cover
This course gives the basic knowledge and skills you will need for a career in Carpentry and Joinery
You will gain knowledge:
• In health and safety
• Of technical information, quantities and communication with others
• On construction technology
• Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
• Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
• Produce wood working joints
How will I learn?
The course has modules and both practical and theoretical content. The Level 1 Diploma is very practical based and the focus will be on learning and practising in the workshop. Practical projects will be set and both you and your tutor will be involved in marking, through self assessment, so you can progress at your own pace.
There are no formal qualifications or prior experience needed for this qualification.
The course runs over two days a week for the duration of a year
Successful candidates may progress to a Level 2 Diploma or
our Apprenticeship Programme.