Painting & Decorating
CSkills Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
The course will cover
This course will build upon the basic knowledge and give you an understanding of the construction industry in painting & decorating.
You will gain knowledge:
• In health and safety
• Of technical information, quantities and communication
• On construction technology
• Apply standard papers to ceilings and walls
• Apply waterborne paint systems using High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
• Prepare surfaces for decoration
• Produce specialist decorative finishes and paint whole rooms to a good standard
How will I learn?:
You will be assessed throughout the course, for each unit to be completed you must complete a practical skills test and a theory test. The theory test questions are externally set by CSkills, the practical assessments are completed in the workshop after the completion of each unit.
Completion of level 2 Diploma or Knowledge and experience in the construction industry.
The course runs over two days a week Duration 1 year
Apprenticeship or employment the level 2 Diploma will qualify you to perform a range of decorating tasks as either a self employed decorator or look towards employment within the decorating sector.
Apprenticeship or employment